The AUA Leadership Program identifies urologists who have demonstrated effective leadership skills within organized medicine or the community. Since 2004, the AUA and its Sections have sought applicants who are driven torfea tackle future roles of responsibility within the AUA. This is a call for younger AUA members to polish their leadership skills, take advantage of networking opportunities and become better acquainted with AUA programs and services.
To date, 147 AUA members have participated in one of eight different Leadership Program classes.
Benefits of the Leadership Program
- Develop your leadership skills
- Expand your network and accelerate your professional growth
- Learn about the AUA’s operations and sphere of influence
- Earn the recognition and prestige that comes with being an AUA Leadership Program graduate
- Be mentored by highly respected AUA Leaders
- Learn about the legislative process and advocate on behalf of the specialty
- Make significant contributions through a group project
- Be prepared to serve as a future leader in urology
Every two years, there is a selection process for the next incoming class of program participants. To qualify, candidates must be American Board of Urology (ABU) (or equivalent) certified urologists, and 15 years or less out of training, and have demonstrated leadership skills. The candidate must have an interest in developing these skills to serve their Sections and the AUA as future volunteer leaders. They must also be Active members of the AUA and the AUA Section where they live and practice.
Application for the 2020-2021 Leadership Program is now closed.
If you have further questions, please contact Patricia Banks at pbanks@AUAnet.org or 410-689-3706.