The AUA/SBU Academic Exchange Program allows young academic urologists to benefit from the sharing of knowledge and experiences with colleagues in Brazil. Medical advances are often the result of fruitful collaboration, and this fellowship is designed to facilitate such opportunities. The program not only allows the sharing of knowledge and experiences, but is designed to foster a closer alliance between the AUA and SBU, and assists in identifying future leaders within both organizations.
This reciprocal program includes a 2-4 week educational experience at an academic center(s) in Brazil, and attendance at an SBU urology meeting. During the exchange, the participant observes urologic surgeries/procedures, attends clinics, presents lectures and takes part in staff activities. The exchange is "observation only" – the participant does not perform hands-on surgery.
The scholar will spend 2-4 weeks visiting Brazilian institution(s) and will attend the Summer 2020 meeting of the Sociedade Brasileira de Urologia.
- 45 years of age or younger (at time of application)
- MD degree and full-time academic appointment at rank of assistant professor or higher
- Active membership in the AUA
- Availability to travel for 3 weeks
All applications and required documents must be submitted by December 31, 2019.
The candidate must fill out an online application and submit electronic versions of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement (300 words or less) describing how participation in the program will benefit him/her both personally and professionally
- A letter of support from department chair (must be signed and on letterhead)
This program was made possible through an educational grant from: