The AUA/BAUS Visiting Scholar Program provides a BAUS member (Full, Trainee or AUS in good standing) the opportunity to visit a host institution in the United States and attend the AUA's Annual Meeting. This collaborative program fosters the alliance between the AUA and BAUS and assists in identifying future leaders within those organizations.
This program funds one scholar to visit a U.S. host institution for 2 weeks and then attend the AUA Annual Meeting. The selected scholar will observe urologic surgeries/procedures, attend clinics and staff activities, but will not perform surgery or hands-on patient care.
To be eligible for the program, the candidate must:
- be a practicing urologist who is a voting member in good standing of BAUS (Full, Trainee or AUS Member)
- be a certified practicing urologist within a maximum of five years post-CCT at the closing date for applications
- be able to proactively assist in obtaining a visa (as needed) and communicate consistently via email with AUA staff
- be able to travel to the United States for up to 3 weeks
The candidate must complete an online application and submit electronic versions of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal statement (300 words or less) describing how participation in the program will benefit him/her both personally and professionally.
- A letter of support from department chair (must be signed and on letterhead)
All applications and required documents must be submitted by October 1, 2018.
This program is made possible through an educational grant from: